Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Anyone for ICT?

Hello there

This week is National Information Communications Technology (ICT) Careers Week.

It is the inaugural ICT careers week.


Now, why is the IT industry interested in talking to students and the community about IT?

Well for a start
· very few people understand the complexity and diversity of the industry
· there is a shortage of IT engineers across all spectrums of work
· the IT industry does not just mean the IT programmers, product designers and problem solvers but many other opportunities for marketers, communicators, network developers etc

Our Y generation children are so computer savvy that they can run rings around most other age groups. They are truly the ‘computer and internet’ generation and they use technology to navigate their lives.

If we compare this with other times in history, our children were like us in regard to telecommunications or our grandparents in the time of industrialisation or our ancestors in the time of the agrarian revolution.

Each generation brought with it new ways of doing things, new language and in most cases a completely different lifestyle as well.

It is clear that as each generation progresses we need to keep up with these changes if only to navigate our way in the world with more ease.

Go find out more about what is happening in careers in the world of ICT by checking out
www.aiia.com.au/nationalictcareersweek

You will be surprised what you find there!


Till next time

Melody

1 comment:

krishna said...

Hello

I know you in Google Blogger; your blog looks nice I’m here for new friends and let you about India

I pray this mail meets you in good health condition! Before explaining the reason for contacting you let me introduce myself; I’m doing tourist guiding in India.

I have a good experience with customers. I will give my best services for tourist visitors I sow your blog looks very nice with beautiful pitchers. Maybe if you like to visit my blog check here http://saiyathra.blogspot.com/


Service for tourists

I offer to take care of your needs from arrival to departure: taxi, accommodation and such.

By Swami’s grace I’ll do this with great happiness.

Therefore I ask you kindly to forward this message to friends who are due to visit India and SATHYA SAI BABA in Puttaparthi.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Name of office Shanthi net cafe

Name of owner Ch. Krishna

Address Main Street,
Shop No. 2 (opposite Hotel Sai Towers)
Sri Sai Gokul Aprt 1st floor
Puttaparthi 515 134, Anantapur DT, Ap.

Phone +91 8555 287625

Mobile phone +91 9490540659

E-mail address shantinetcafe@yahoo.in
touristorganizer@gmail.com


I will be looking forward to your advice towards this proposal.
Best regards,
Mr. Krishna.