Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Introducing.....

Hello and welcome to my blog!

This is a blog for parents who want to help their children make the right training and career choices once they leave school.

I hope to help you find some answers to your questions and open your mind to just what sort of careers are out in the big wide world your child is growing up into!

Parents are still the number one source of career information. Unfortunately many of us feel under-equipped to be of any real help or our ideas about the industry or career are outdated. By coming on to this blog you will find some links and information that will help you help you loved ones and even possibly yourself.

And how can I help you?

Well I have spent the last few years working with industry, schools, businesses, students and careers advisers to help get the message across as to just what is happening in the world of work.
I have done this while being a Regional Industry Career Adviser with the Australian Government's initiative - Career Advice Australia program (www.careeradviceaustralia.gov.au) and now I am here to advise you where to get the information you need for free.

Each week I will review some aspect of an industry, a career pathway or website that can help you find what you need.

Furthermore I am happy to hear from you via the blog comment box any questions you may have about careers, I will tackle these in future blogs.

I am looking forward to introducing you to the world of careers.

Till next time...


Cheers


Melody

No comments: